You will receive an email to your RIT student email from your college. Be sure to take note of your Academic Program and your Academic Plan code. Please review your college's checklist to determine what needs to be complete prior to coming to Orientation, as there are some crucial deadlines starting in June. If you are unsure about what college you belong to, please reach out to our Orienation staff at email@example.com.
Freshmen: Read the Dean's letter!
Transfers: Read the Dean's letter!
Complete the College of Liberal Arts survey.
Take the Math Placement Exam May 15th through June 30th.
Schedule to take the Language Placement Exam (for those who wish to take language courses).
- Starting on August 1, access your tentative Fall semester schedule online at sis.rit.edu using your RIT computer account. Instructions for setting up your password can be found here.
- If you are participating on an RIT athletic team, or you anticipate receiving AP, or transfer credits -- please let us know!
- You are required to take the Math Placement Exam (MPE). We are offering the MPE May 15 -- June 30, 2019.
- Opportunity to prepare yourself for your introductory programming class via an optional and free online class experience called Code Zero. More information will be forthcoming via email. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- To find academic major information, refer to our Golisano College of Computing & Information Sciences Orientation website.