The collegiate experience is about more than ensuring students are academically prepared. Although our orientation programs are geared toward helping students transition and providing them with the resources to succeed, we recognize the value of participating in a more unique and specialized program within a small group. Pre-orientation programs align with RIT’s mission to engage and motivate students through stimulating and collaborative experiences. They also allow students to develop a positive social network and a strong connection with RIT as a whole.
The pre-orientation programs listed below all operate at the same time. Please make sure you fully understand what your requirements are before committing to any pre-orientation program. If you would like to participate in more than one of the programs below; please contact your program coordinator for more information.
- International Student Orientation, run by the International Student Services (ISS) office, is required for all international students.
- WE’re in Motion is a pre-orientation program for women in Kate Gleason College of Engineering.
- The Honors Experience is a required pre-orientation program just for RIT Honors students*.
- Summer Vestibule Program (SVP) is the College of NTID's required student orientation program.
- DiscoveRIT is an assortment of optional pre-orientation programs for incoming freshmen and transfer students. Each program has a different focus and gives students an opportunity to discover RIT and the surrounding communities; become familiar with faculty, staff and resources at RIT; and make new friends through small group experiences