Spring 2017 move-in day is Thursday, January 19. You can find your arrival/move-in guide at the Housing Operations website in January 2017. You can also view your confirmation and specific information regarding your housing assignment and roommate at the housing portal. If you arrive between 5 - 11 p.m., please go to the 24 Hour Public Safety Desk in Grace Watson Hall for assistance. If you arrive after 11 p.m., you will be on your own to locate alternative housing for the night. Move-in instructions for all the types of housing that transfer students are assigned to (apartments, University Commons suites, Global Village suites, RIT Inn permanent and temporary assignments, and residence halls) for the 2016-2017 academic year are in the Fall Arrival Guide. Just follow the instructions related to the housing you are assigned to for the new academic year. If you have questions, contact Housing Operations from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at (585) 475-2572 or (585) 475-2113 v/tty or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residential students: if you are moving into the residence halls on move-in day, park in Lot C. You should also refer to the housing portal, myhousing.rit.edu for detailed instructions regarding the move-in process.
- Freshmen bringing vehicles to stay on campus for the year: park in Lot C (after unloading your belongings at the residence hall).
- Commuter students: park in Lot S or D.
- Families: park in Lots S or D (after unloading your student’s belongings at the residence hall).
Key Pick Up
- If you are assigned to a residence hall, apartment, University Commons suite, or Global Village suite you will pick up your housing keys from the Housing Operations Office located in Grace Watson Hall.
- If you are assigned to student housing at the RIT Inn, you will pick up your room key from the front desk located in the main lobby of the RIT Inn.
- If you are assigned initially to temporary housing on the hotel side of the RIT Inn, you will need to come to Housing Operations located in Grace Watson Hall to meet with an assignment staff member prior to going to the RIT Inn.