Spring Orientation is a one day event on January 10, 2020 full of activities, and opportunities to get to know RIT, meet with your college, and meet other new students. This comprehensive program is not to be missed! When Orientation is over:
- You will have new friends
- You will have your new ID
- You will have figured out how to get to your college, and who your advisor is
- Your semester class schedule will make more sense
- You will have attended your first RIT hockey game as a new Tiger!
For first-year students, this Orientation program is mandatory. If you are a transfer student, this program is optional; however, it is in your best interest to get involved, learn all you can about RIT’s resources and services, and make connections with staff, faculty, and other students.
Spring 2020 Move-In Day is Thursday, January 9. You can find your arrival guide at the RIT Housing website. You can also view your confirmation and specific information regarding your housing assignment and roommate at the housing portal. If you arrive after operation hours, between 5-11 p.m., please see Residence Life staff in Kate Gleason Hall for assistance. If you have questions, contact RIT Housing from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 585-475-2572 or 585-475-2113 v/tty or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Pick Up
- If you are assigned to a residence hall, apartment, University Commons suite, or Global Village suite you will pick up your housing keys from the Housing Operations Office located in Grace Watson Hall.
- If you are assigned to student housing at the RIT Inn, you will pick up your room key from the front desk located in the main lobby of the RIT Inn.
- If you are assigned initially to temporary housing on the hotel side of the RIT Inn, you will need to come to the RIT Housing office located in Grace Watson Hall to meet with a staff member prior to going to the RIT Inn.
Check-In and Registration
Pre-registration is required to participate in Orientation. Registration will open online in December, but you may register on-site at Check-In on Friday, January 10. If you pre-registered for the program, you must come to check-in on Friday. January 10, 2020. At this time you will pick up your final program schedule, t-shirt, and other important Orientation materials. Check-In will be held from 8:00am-11:00am on Friday, January 10 in the Fireside Lounge (in the Campus Center).
Students living in the residence halls and their families can move in on Thursday, January 10th from 8:00am to 5:00 pm but should check in for orientation the morning of Friday, January 11th from 9:00am to 11:00am in Fireside Lounge. All move in information can be found on the Housing Website. It is imperative to follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition for you and your family.
Commuter students should check in for Orientation on Friday, January 10, 2020. We strongly encourage you and your family to check in and attend the events happening this day. You may park in Lot D, General. Avoid parking in reserved spaces.