Spring Orientation is a one day event on January 11, 2019 full of activities, and opportunities to get to know RIT and other new students. This comprehensive program is not to be missed! When Orientation is over:
- You will have new friends
- You will know most of RIT's quirky lingo
- You will have more brown and orange clothing in your closet
- You will understand the huge sculpture in front of the Student Alumni Union
- You will have figured out where to get a great cup of coffee
- You will know where to go if you have a cold, a financial aid question, or a sweet tooth
For first-year students, this orientation program is mandatory. If you are a transfer student this program is optional, however, it is in your best interest to get involved, learn all you can about RIT’s resources and services, and make connections with staff, faculty, and other students.
Spring 2019 move-in day is Thursday, January 10. You can find your arrival guide at the Housing Operations website in January 2019. You can also view your confirmation and specific information regarding your housing assignment and roommate at the housing portal. If you arrive after Housing Operations hours, between 5 - 11 p.m., please see Residence Life staff in Kate Gleason Hall for assistance. If you have questions, contact Housing Operations from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at (585) 475-2572 or (585) 475-2113 v/tty or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Pick Up
- If you are assigned to a residence hall, apartment, University Commons suite, or Global Village suite you will pick up your housing keys from the Housing Operations Office located in Grace Watson Hall.
- If you are assigned to student housing at the RIT Inn, you will pick up your room key from the front desk located in the main lobby of the RIT Inn.
- If you are assigned initially to temporary housing on the hotel side of the RIT Inn, you will need to come to Housing Operations located in Grace Watson Hall to meet with an assignment staff member prior to going to the RIT Inn.
Check-In and Registration
Pre-registration is required to participate in our New Student Orientation. Registration will open online in December, but you may register on-site at check-in in January. If you pre-registered for the program, you must come to check-in on Friday January 11, 2019. At this time you will pick up your final program schedule, t-shirt, and other important Orientation materials. Check-In will be held from 8:00am-11:00am on Friday, January 11th in Fireside Lounge.
Students living in the residence halls and their families can move in on Thursday, January 10th from 8:00am to 5:00 pm but should check in for orientation the morning of Friday, January 11th from 9:00am to 11:00am in Fireside Lounge. All move in information can be found on the Housing Website. It is imperative to follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition for you and your family.
Commuter students should check in for Orientation on Friday, January 11th. We strongly encourage you and your family to check in and attend the many events happening this day. You may park in Lot D, General. Avoid parking in reserved spaces.