News and Deadlines
If your student will be moving into RIT Housing, please review the Arrival Guide for instructions on what you will need to do and where to go on your student’s scheduled Move-In Day. This process includes three steps:
- Location 1: COVID-19 Testing Compliance: Upon arrival at Lot G (see Arrival Guide), students need to present a negative COVID-19 test result in order to proceed. Parking lot staff will clear you to move forward.
- Students living in the RIT Inn will proceed there at this point to pick up their key from the front desk.
- Location 2: Key and ID Pickup: After your student has been cleared to move in, you will continue to Lot D (see Arrival Guide). Here, you will remain in your vehicle and present your QR code for parking lot staff to scan. Be sure to print your move-in pass ahead of time. A staff member will bring students’ personal protective equipment, nametag, lanyard, housing key, and RIT ID card.
- Location 3: Move-In: You will now proceed to your student’s assigned apartment, suite, Greek housing location, or to the residence hall luggage drop zone area.
Print Your Move-In Pass
If your student is moving into RIT housing, please be sure to print their move-in pass prior to coming to campus. Here are the steps your student should take to print the pass:
- Navigate to your myLife portal at mylife.rit.edu
- Log in with your username and password
- Click on the My Assignment icon to access your Pre-Arrival Screening Status
- Click on the My Move-In link for your printable Move-In Pass
COVID-19 Planning Video
Our final episode of the Family Orientation video series is one that will be of interest to all parents. In the COVID Planning video, we discuss what campus will look like this fall including classroom adjustments, health and safety procedures, and campus life.
Daily Screening Phone Number Correction
Reminder that all visitors to campus, including parents helping with move in, need to complete the RIT Daily Health Screen. There was a mistake in last week’s newsletter; the correct number for visitors to call is 585-438-5254.
Student Class Schedules
Your student’s schedule has been available in Student Information System (SIS). Schedules will include designations for RIT’s new instruction modes; review the Student Schedule Guide to better understand the possible learning modalities on their schedules. Students should reach out to their academic advisor with any questions.