News and Deadlines
Important Winter Dates
Please note the following dates regarding RIT closures and spring semester opening:
- December 11-18: Final exams
- December 19: Residence halls close for winter break at 10 a.m.
- December 24-January 1: RIT CLOSED for winter break (closes at 2 p.m. on December 24)
- January 9: Residence halls open for spring semester
- January 13: Spring semester classes begin
Also, please refer to RIT’s Winter Break Guide for information about openings and hours during break.
Housing Semester Break Guide
RIT Housing has provided Semester Break Guide for students living in RIT housing. These guides include information for students not returning to RIT Housing for spring semester, what to do if students are expecting a new roommate, and how to prepare for winter break. Before leaving for winter break please remind your student to:
- Empty trash cans
- Close and lock windows
- Clean out refrigerator
- Close shades (students living on the first floor only)
- Lock apartment/suite/room door
- Move all electronic equipment off the floor and unplug it
- Set heater to automatic and set room temperature to at least 65 degrees
DeStress Fest is currently underway at RIT Libraries. This series of free activities is held in the library during finals week to help students manage stress and take study breaks. Activities include daily coffee breaks, therapy dogs, arts and crafts, and more. Students can find DeStress Fest events by visiting RIT Libraries on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, or stopping in Wallace Library.
Winter Break Bus
Student Government is offering a free bus for students traveling via plane, bus, or train over break. The bus will loop between Gleason Circle on campus and the airport, the Amtrak station, and the Greyhound station. The bus will be available:
- December 19: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- January 12: 10 a.m.-4 pm.
Students can sign up or ask questions on the SG Winter Break Bus page.