News and Deadlines
Brick City Homecoming and Family Weekend
Brick City Weekend is this weekend, and it’s not too late to grab tickets! Don’t forget these family favorite events:
- Taste of Rochester-Sample local wine, craft beer, and favorite Rochester foods with other families.
- Family Fun Zone-Play arcade games, check out the bounce house, and build a party hat.
- Women’s Hockey-You have two chances to catch the Women’s Hockey Team at the Gene Polisseni Center-Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
- Student Government Distinguished Speaker-Mayim Bialik is a star on Big Bang Theory, an author, a mom, a spokesperson, and has a Ph.D in Neuroscience.
- No Voice Zone-Experience an RIT tradition and Deaf culture by learning a few basic signs.
- Men’s Hockey at Blue Cross Arena-RIT’s Men’s Hockey Team takes on Colgate University in downtown Rochester. Be sure to also check out the free shuttle to downtown from campus.
- Family Breakfast Bites-Stop by for coffee and a bagel before heading home.
- Brick City 5K-Run or walk the campus loop in this Residence Life tradition.
Change of Program Fair
The Change of Program Fair is an opportunity for students to learn about the available majors on campus and the resources offered to change majors. Representatives from all nine colleges, University Exploration, Career Counseling, and the School of Individualized Study will be at the fair to talk with students about their options. The Change of Program Fair is on Monday, October 22 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Alumni Union Fireside Lounge.
Immersion and Minor Fair
On October 25, the College of Liberal Arts (COLA) and the College of Science (COS) are hosting the Immersion and Minor Fair. This event gives students the opportunity to learn first-hand from faculty about all of the options available to complete their required immersion and check out all the great minors and double majors available in COLA and COS. The fair is from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Alumni Union Fireside Lounge. There will be free pizza and door prizes for the first 50 attendees.
Family Study Abroad—Explore Croatia
Parents, it’s your turn to study abroad! For the second time, Parent & Family Programs—in partnership with Education Abroad and the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement—is excited to offer this study abroad program for families and students. On this 10-day visit to Dubrovnik, Croatia and the surrounding area, RIT families will explore Adriatic culture, history, and ecology through guided tours, interactions with locals, and sampling local cuisine. Learn more and apply on the Explore Croatia website. Applications are due on February 1, 2019.
Flu shots are now available for students at the Student Health Center (SHC). The cost is $20, payable by cash, check, Tiger Bucks, or Visa/Mastercard. The SHC provides receipts which can be submitted to insurance companies for reimbursement. In addition, Wegmans Pharmacy is sponsoring several flu shot clinics on campus where students can receive the vaccination, and Wegmans will directly submit the cost to the student’s eligible insurance.