News and Deadlines
Brick City Homecoming and Family Weekend
Information about the weekend can be found on the Brick City Weekend website. Tickets are still available for a few key events:
- Taste of Rochester-Sample local wine, craft beer, and favorite Rochester foods with other families.
- SG Distinguished Speaker-Student Government is excited to welcome Anderson Cooper as this year's distinguished speaker.
- No Voice Zone-Experience an RIT tradition and Deaf culture, and learn a few basic signs.
- Men’s Hockey at Blue Cross Arena-RIT’s Men’s Hockey Team takes on Merrimack in downtown Rochester. Be sure to also check out the free shuttle to downtown from campus.
Kitchen Away from Home Cookbook
Thank you to those who have already submitted recipes for our cookbook! We are looking for more recipes, particularly in these categories:
- No Kitchen? No Problem: For Tigers living in dorms, these meals require a microwave or less.
- Sweet Tooth Satisfied: Sweet treats, baked goods, and general desserts to complete your meal!
- Early Morning Meals: Easy-to-make breakfasts to help Tigers get their day started.
To submit a recipe or kitchen tip, please fill out this form. Recipes are due on October 25. Ordering will be open soon-please watch the RIT parent website and Facebook page for the link to order your cookbook! Cookbooks are $8 for campus pickup and $10 to have it mailed to you.
Change of Major Fair
The Change of Major Fair is an opportunity for students to learn about the available majors on campus and the resources offered to change majors. Representatives from all nine colleges, University Exploration, Career Counseling, and the School of Individualized Study will be at the fair to talk with students about their options. The Change of Major Fair is on Monday, October 21 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Alumni Union Fireside Lounge. Food will be provided.
Immersion and Minor Fair
On October 24, the College of Liberal Arts (COLA) and the College of Science (COS) are hosting the Immersion and Minor Fair. This event gives students the opportunity to learn first-hand from faculty about all of the options available at RIT to complete their required immersion, as well as check out minors and double majors. The fair is from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Alumni Union Fireside Lounge. There will be free pizza and door prizes for the first 50 attendees.
Family Study Abroad—Explore Croatia
Parents, it’s your turn to study abroad! For the second time, Parent & Family Programs—in partnership with Education Abroad—is excited to offer this study abroad program for families and students. On this 10-day visit to Dubrovnik, Croatia and the surrounding area, RIT families will explore Adriatic culture, history, and ecology through guided tours, interactions with locals, and sampling local cuisine. Learn more and apply on the Explore Croatia website. Applications are due on February 1, 2020.