The Spectrum Support Program serves a finite number of students each year. The process for requesting services from SSP for the first time is based on your RIT student status or RIT application plan. More information about RIT's Freshman Admission, Transfer Admission and Early Decision plans can be found here.
RIT EARLY DECISION APPLICANTS:
- Submit an SSP Application Request Form as soon as you have applied to RIT
- Complete the application by November 1 (ED I) or January 1st (ED II)
- Receive an SSP enrollment decision by January 15th (ED I) or February 15th (ED II)
- Confirm your intention to attend RIT and utilize SSP services by March 15th.
- Please Note: Applicants who don't follow the above timelines for Early Decision will be considered for SSP supports under the timelines set for Regular Decision applicants (below). If the Early Decision applicant changes their mind about Early Decision, they can request to be moved to the Regular Decision plan (see RIT's Early Decision Policies).
RIT REGULAR DECISION & TRANSFER STUDENT APPLICANTS:
- Submit an SSP Application Request Form as soon as you have been accepted to RIT
- Receive the application materials once the Early Decision period has closed (February 15th)
- Complete the application process by March 15th
- Receive an SSP enrollment decision before May 1st
- Confirm your intention to attend RIT and utilize SSP services by May 1st (EXTENDED DUE TO COVID-19).
- Please note: Although admissions for RIT transfer students are done on a rolling basis, SSP application decisions do not follow a rolling decision system. Transfer students wishing to apply for SSP services should plan accordingly.
CURRENT RIT STUDENTS
Upper-class students who did not apply to SSP as incoming students but now wish to apply for SSP services should follow the process for Regular Decision applicants (above).
Students who are currently enrolled in SSP can request to continue services without re-applying, except in cases where they need to re-apply for admission to RIT, such as after a suspension or extended leave of absence, in which case students must re-apply to SSP following the same process as those applying to RIT for the first time (above).
ALL SSP-supported students must fill out an SSP Application Request Form in order to formally confirm their intention to continue SSP services by June 1st, (EXTENDED DUE TO COVID-19).