Thousands of students participate in RIT's intramural program every year. Joining an intramural league is easy. Visit recreation.rit.edu and click on Intramurals, or you can download the free REC*IT app from the iTunes store or Google play to get started.
- Deaf Basketball Association
- Deaf Volleyball Association
- Flag Football
- Ice Hockey
- Soccer (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Tennis (Singles & Doubles)
Indoor and outdoor fitness facilities, such as courts, fields, and the fitness center, are available for you to enjoy. All RIT registered students receive automatic access to the facilities. Incoming freshmen receive access on the first day of Freshman Orientation. Your valid RIT ID is required for facility access and your equipment loan-out needs every time you visit.
Students can also reserve recreation spaces online through the RIT Events system. There are two types of reservations for recreation activities:
- 50 minutes: indoor tennis, racquetball, squash, wallyball, and boxing
- Up to 120 minutes: badminton, basketball, cricket, dance, dodgeball, flag football, frisbee, kickball, soccer, softball, and volleyball
Wellness teams, comprised of students and staff, work together to plan, create, and implement collaborative wellness education experiences and programs for students. Some of the favorite student events include:
- Bow Wow Wellness
- Free fitness classes offered every Wednesday at noon
- Yoga and Yogurt
- Wellness walks
Through the Wellness Instructional Program, RIT offers an exceptional program of specifically designed courses to help students develop and maintain a well-balanced lifestyle. The programs involve optimal development of physical, emotional, social, career and academic, spiritual, financial, and environmental wellness, all designed to assist you in making healthy decisions and choices to support your academic and social interactions in college and beyond. The learning experiences provided throughout the wellness curriculum are an integral part of the total educational experience at RIT.
Over 550 classes are offered each academic year.
- Health and Wellness Seminars (WHWS)
- Dance (WDAN)
- Fitness (WFIT)
- Life Support and Safety (WHSL)
- Lifetime Recreation (WREC)
- Outdoor Education (WINT)
- Martial Arts (WMAR)
- ROTC (WMIL)