What does it mean to be physically “well”?
- Optimal physical wellness is met through the combination of beneficial physical activity/ exercise and healthy eating habits.
- The foundation of physical wellness includes building muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular strength and endurance and flexibility
- Healthy diet and nutrition includes discouraging the use of tobacco, drugs, and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Physical wellness is also concerned with developing personal responsibility for your own health care, such as caring for minor illnesses and knowing when professional medical attention is needed.
- Taking responsibility for your sexual health includes healthy and respectful sexual decision-making; when choosing to be sexually active, practicing safe sex; getting regular gynecological check-ups; performing breast and/or testicular self-exams; being a respectful sexual partner.