What is Spiritual Wellness?
There are many different views on what spirituality is. Here are some ways to think about this dimension:
- It is the search for meaning and purpose in human existence.
- It is asking the question “who am I?” and what is meaningful in my life?
- It is integrating your beliefs and values with your actions.
- Spiritual wellness exists when you have connected to your inner spirit; you are able to have more peace of mind.
- Spiritual wellness can be experienced and achieved in many ways: through meditation, religion, music, art, literature, nature and through connections with loved ones and other people in the community.