- Certificate Programs are NOT required to submit a concept paper but must follow all other RIT and NYSED requirements.
Proposers of Certificate and Advanced Certificate Proposals should follow these steps for preparing a proposal for review by RIT curriculum bodies:
1. The NYSED Application for Registration of a New Certificate or Advanced Certificate contains six (6) separate task areas:
2. Complete all of these task areas on the NYSED Application Form and save. This is the only form needed for review by department, college, ICC/Grad Council and Academic Senate.
3. Save the completed task area information on your computer as Word Documents.
4. This is the document that you will use for RIT internal review.
5. When the proposal has been approved by ICC/Grad Council and Academic Senate, please follow the Registration with NYSED instructions in Step # 4 below, Registration with NYSED, (this information can also be accessed from the Certificate and Advanced Certificate Program Proposals tab #4 Registration with NYSED, under New Program Proposal Requirements section).
NOTE: The proposed program may NOT be advertised or admit students until approval has been granted and formal authorization received from NYSED.