Refer to the RIT New Certificate/Advanced Certificate Proposal Checklist for guidance.
Proposers of Certificate and Advanced Certificate Proposals should use the NYSED Application for Registration Form as the RIT Proposal Form. Follow these steps for preparing a proposal for review by RIT curriculum bodies:
1. The NYSED Application for Registration of a New Certificate or Advanced Certificate contains six (6) separate task areas:
- Task 1: Institution and Program Information
- Task 2: Proposed Program Information
- Task 3: Sample Program Schedule
- Please provide the catalog descriptions for existing courses in Task 3c.
- Please provide a single separate Word document for syllabi for all new courses in Task 3d.
- Task 4: Faculty
- Task 5: Financial Resources and Instructional Facilities
- Task 6: Library Resources
- Additional Task (as applicable): Application to add Distance Education Format
2. Complete all of these task areas on the NYSED Application Form and save. This is the only form needed for review by department, college, ICC/Grad Council and Faculty Senate.
Note: The above application should NOT be used for the following types of program proposals:
- Programs preparing teachers, educational leaders, and other school personnel
- Programs preparing licensed professions
For these types of proposals, please use the NYSED Application for Registration of a New Program in a Licensed Profession.
3. Save the completed task area information on your computer as Word Documents. Guidance for questions in Part B can be found at RIT Standard Answers for Distance Ed Forms.
4. This is the document that you will use for RIT internal review.
5. At least two weeks prior to review with ICC/Grad Council, send your proposal to the Office of the Provost for review and comments. ICC/Grad Council reviews cannot be scheduled until this has occured.
6. When the proposal has been approved by ICC/Grad Council and Faculty Senate, please follow the Registration with NYSED instructions in Step #3 below, Registration with NYSED.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Office of the Provost.