NYSED Registration Form
When all internal RIT curriculum and approval procedures are completed, program proposals must be approved by and registered with the New York State Education Department, (NYSED).
- When you are ready to submit a new Undergraduate or Master’s Degree Program to NYSED, contact Karel Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 52527 in the Office of the Senior Associate Provost.
- An electronic copy of the Application for Registration of a New Program Form will be sent to you along with instructions to complete the 10 Task Areas on the application form.
- GOOD NEWS! You already have ALL of the required information needed for these 10 Task Areas in your RIT program proposal. You should be able to easily cut and paste information to the NYSED Electronic Registration Form.
- Refer to the chart below to assist you in making the transfer of information between the RIT New Program Proposal Form and the NYSED Electronic Registration Form.
NYSED Form Questions
RIT Proposal Sections
Task #1: Institution Information
Complete Section I and II only
Do NOT complete contact information
Task #2: Application for Registration of a New Program
Check appropriate box(es)
Enter Program(s) if applicable
- Program Description and Purpose
Use #1a, b, c, d, e, f
Use #6a, b, c
- Academic Support Services
- Credit for Experience
- Program Assessment and Improvement
Task #3: Program Schedule
- Sample Schedule
Use Table 1a or 1b
- Nontraditional Schedule
- Existing Course Description
- New Course Syllabi
Use Course Outlines from Appendix A
Task #4: Faculty
- Faculty Tables
Use Tables 2, 3, 4
(Note: Do NOT include Appendix F: Faculty CV)
- Definition of Full-time Faculty
Insert: “Persons who have received and accepted a contract for 100%
if a full-time load, as defined by the Dean of the College.”
Task #5: Financial Resources
(Note: Do NOT include Appendices C, E, G)
- New Resource Table
Use #4b (Table 5)
Task #6: Library Resources
- Response to needs
Use #4b (Table 5)
Task #7: External Review: Graduate Programs and programs whose subject matter represents a new or emerging field
Include External Evaluator Report
Also include copy of e-mail from Sr. Associate Provost indicating advance approval from NYSED of the External evaluator
Task # 8: Response to External Review
Include Institution’s response and information on how proposal was modified in response to reviewer’s comments, as appropriate
Task #9: Transfer to Baccalaureate Degree
Task #10: Application for Distance Education
Use #13 if appropriate
Complete #1, 2 and all Questions in Part B
CEO (or designee) Signature
Do NOT complete this Form
- When you have inputted and saved all of the information in Tasks 1-10, attach and e-mail the completed documents to the Office of the Senior Associate Provost in care of Karel Shapiro, email@example.com.
- The Office of the Senior Associate Provost will review your documents, and will advise if any additional information is required.
- Once ready for submission, the Office of the Senior Associate Provost will obtain the necessary approvals and signatures and submit the Application for Registration of a New Program Form to NYSED for processing.
The Office of the Senior Associate Provost will advise the initiator of the Proposal once it has been submitted to NYSED.
NOTE: The proposed program may not be advertise or admit students until approval has been granted and formal authorization received from NYSED.