Academic Support Center
At RIT Dubai, The Academic Support Center’s mission is to support students in developing and utilizing essential study skills in order to achieve academic success. By reaching out to our Academic Support Center office, you will be able to learn the tips and tricks on how to organize your materials better, how to create a weekly schedule and a to-do list to make sure you utilize the time you have in working on your responsibilities, as well as develop certain habits and routines to ensure your success in the classroom and beyond.
Feel free to email our Academic Support Center Representative if you have any additional inquiries and we will be more than happy to assist.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Faryal Waqar)
The Academic Support Center supports students and offers one-on-one tutoring services delivered by one of our highly qualified tutors. Our tutors can assist you with subject related inquiries as well as general writing support. If you feel like you need more support within a certain course, we encourage you to book a session by clicking here.
The Academic Support Center offers regular professional and academic workshops every Monday during the Common Hour at the Tutoring Center. Attend one of our workshops and learn the secrets to academic success, how to study for exams, effective presentation skills, how to think critically, and much more. To stay updated with our workshop offerings, follow us on Instagram here.
Need additional resources on how to study, how to read strategically, or how to manage your time better? Access our Study Tool Kit and make use of the materials that RIT’s global team created to help you succeed.
The Academic Support Centre runs the Peer Mentoring program that is a free peer-to-peer service which introduces students to more effective learning and study strategies. It provides support and advice and functions as a resource for inspiration and new opportunities for all RIT Dubai students.
Peer Mentor - Role Description:
As a Peer Mentor you are modeling to students how to successfully manage and navigate the academic demands of being a college student. You will meet with individual students and groups from the campus community to present effective strategies in support of academic success through 1:1s, facilitating workshops, and hosting tabling events.
- Provide individual & group support for students in the areas of study skills, time management and organizational tools.
- Facilitate academic success sessions through the use of models, support community outreach efforts within the Academic Success Centre.
- Maintain accurate records regarding student meetings and report as required.
- Meet regularly with ASC coordinator and peer staff and communicate about student needs/progress.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA to be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Awareness of confidentiality issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of RIT and the RIT community
- Previous leadership experience (preferred not required)
- Familiarity with the Academic Success Centre (preferred not required)
How does this role benefit me as a student?
- Increases self-awareness and fosters professional & personal growth
- Contributes to your professional resume or CV
- Cultivates leadership, organizational and self-management skills
- Improves communication and interpersonal skills
- Allows you to build a strong network of peers
- Allows you to obtain a recommendation for work purposes
How to Apply for a Peer Mentoring role?
Once you have familiarized yourself with the role and are meeting the eligibility criteria, you can then fill out the application form below: