Step #3. Program Proposal Form: RIT and NYSED
Proposers of Certificate and Advanced Certificate Proposals should follow these steps for preparing a proposal for review by RIT curriculum bodies:
1. The NYSED Expedited Application Form for Registration of a New Certificate or Advanced Certificate contains six (6) separate task areas:
- Task 1: Institution and Program Information (Section I and II only)
- Task 2: Application for Registration of a New Program
- Task 3: Sample Program Schedule
- Please provide the catalog descriptions for existing courses in Task 3 c.
- Please provide syllabi for all new courses in Task 3 d.
- Task 4: Faculty
- Task 5: Financial
- Task 6: Distance Education
2. Complete the six (6) task areas of the NYSED Expedited Proposal Application Form. This is the only form needed and should be used for review by department, college, ICC/Grad Council review bodies.
3. Save the completed task area documents on your computer as Word Documents.
4. Print each completed task area to form the application document.
5. This is the document that you will use for RIT internal review.
6. When the proposal has been approved by ICC/Grad Council and Academic Senate, please follow the Registration with NYSED steps in # 4 below.