Step #3. Program Proposal Form: RIT and NYSED
Proposers of Certificate and Advanced Certificate Proposals should follow these steps for preparing a proposal for review by RIT curriculum bodies:
1. The NYSED Application for Registration of a New Certificate or Advanced Certificate contains six (6) separate task areas:
- Task 1: Institution and Program Information
- Task 2: Proposed Program Information
- Task 3: Sample Program Schedule
- Please provide the catalog descriptions for existing courses in Task 3c.
- Please provide a single separate Word document for syllabi for all new courses in Task 3d.
- Task 4: Faculty
- Task 5: Financial Resources and Institutional Facilities
- Task 6: Library Resources
- Additional Task (as applicable): Application to add Distance Education Format
2. Complete all of these task areas on the NYSED Application Form and save. This is the only form needed and should be used for review by department, college, ICC/Grad Council and Academic Senate.
3. Save the completed task area information on your computer as Word Documents.
4. This is the document that you will use for RIT internal review.
5. When the proposal has been approved by ICC/Grad Council and Academic Senate, please follow the Registration with NYSED steps in # 4 below.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Karel Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 52527 in the Office of the Sr. Associate Provost.