Recreation: Membership Information
COMING SOON! Membership renewals will be available online. Sponsored members will still need to renew at through the SLC Main Office or by phone with Visa or MasterCard.
RIT recreation memberships are available to the RIT community, alumni, family, and friends. Membership includes the use of the Student Life Center (SLC), Field House, multi-level fitness center, aquatics center, tennis courts, nature trails, and outdoor fields. Members must present their valid RIT ID for access into the facilities. Red Barn Climbing memberships are sold separately.
All RIT registered students receive automatic access to the facilities. Students only registered for a wellness class will be provided with access if the class is needed to fulfill a graduation requirement. Access will be granted upon review by the SLC Main Office. During the summer, free access will be granted to students registered for the previous Spring and the upcoming Fall semesters. During the summer, free access will be granted to students registered for the previous Spring and the upcoming Fall semesters or are registered for a Summer course.
RIT faculty, staff, retirees, and trustees also receive the benefit of automatic access. Trustees will be granted access upon notification of the SLC Main Office.
All other recreation memberships requiring payment are provided through the SLC Main Office and may be purchased with cash, check, credit card, or Tiger Bucks. First time members must register in person and provide a valid photo ID in order to acquire an RIT recreation ID. Family and Friend of the Institute memberships require a sponsor with a current recreation membership. New Friend of the Institute members must have their sponsor with them the first time they purchase a membership.
Call 585-475-2620, 585-475-7663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|SLC Main Office hours are:|
|Monday, Thursday, Friday||9am - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Wednesday||9am - 6:30pm|
Membership Schedule and Rates
|Membership Type||3 mos.||6 mos.||9 mos.||Annual+|
|Students, Faculty, Staff *||-||-||-||-|
|Family member of student**||$55||$110||$165||NA|
|Family Member of faculty, staff, alumni **||$55||$110||$165||$198|
|Friend of the Institute^^||$110||$220||$330||$396|
*Includes RIT retirees and trustees
** Includes spouse, dependent children, and domestic partner
^ Includes groups or individuals with a special relationship to RIT
^^ Must be sponsored by a student, faculty, staff or alumni with a valid recreation membership
+ The annual rate reflects a 10% discount at time of purchase. A sponsored member is eligible for the 10% discounted rate if purchased within two weeks of their sponsor’s date of purchase. Annual membership expiration dates for sponsored members will end on the date of their sponsor’s membership.
- RIT Recreation members may sponsor up to three guests per day at $7 per guest.
- Passes can be purchased at the main entrances to the Student Life Center and Field House.
- Passes are only good on the day of issue.
- Passes are also required for outdoor facility use.
- Each guest is welcome to use the facilities up to 8 times per semester.
- Guests must present a photo ID at the time of purchase and sign a release agreement.
- RIT sponsors must accompany their guests and are responsible for their actions.
- Sponsors must be at least 16 years old.
- A guest must be at least 4 years old to use the aquatics center and 14 years old to use the fitness center.
- Guests at the Ice Arena and Red Barn pay regular admission fees.
COMING SOON! Locker rental renewals will be available online. Sponsored members will still need to renew at the SLC Main Office.
Half-lockers are available at the Student Life Center and rentals are purchased at the SLC Main Office. Rates are $30 per year, $16 per semester, or $10 for 3 months. Rentals also have an additional $5 lock deposit fee, which is refunded if the lock is returned to the SLC Main Office by the rental expiration date. Any items found after a rental expires will be removed and donated to charity after 30 days if left unclaimed. Full-size lockers are available for day-to-day use only. Locks found on full-size lockers at the end of the day will be cut and all contents will be removed.
Various types of equipment (towels, locks, basketballs, racquets, etc.) can be loaned out from the SLC Equipment Cage.
- Valid photo ID is required for equipment loan-out.
- Only one towel per person. You may exchange a soiled towel for a clean one.
- Duplicate items may not be loaned out.
- Report any bloody towels to the cage attendant.
- RIT sponsored guests may borrow equipment by presenting their guest pass.
- Equipment loaned out must be returned the same day.
- Fees will apply to any damaged, lost or late items.
- Building access will be denied to anyone who owes equipment, a late fee or replacement fee.