Recreation: Membership Information
RIT recreation memberships are available to the RIT community, alumni, family, and friends. Membership includes the use of the Student Life Center (SLC), Field House, multi-level fitness center, aquatics center, tennis courts, nature trails, outdoor fields and the Ritter Ice Arena during noontime public skate hours. Members must present their valid RIT ID for access into the facilities. Red Barn Climbing memberships are sold separately.
All RIT registered students receive automatic access to the facilities. Students only registered for a wellness class will be provided with access if the class is needed to fulfill a graduation requirement. Access will be granted upon review by the SLC Main Office. During the summer, free access will be granted to students registered for the previous Spring and the upcoming Fall quarters. Students must contact the SLC Main Office to activate their summer membership.
RIT faculty, staff, retirees, and trustees also receive the benefit of automatic access. Trustees will be granted access upon notification of the SLC Main Office.
All other recreation memberships requiring payment are provided through the SLC Main Office and may be purchased with cash, check, credit card, or Tiger Bucks. First time members must register in person and provide a valid photo ID in order to acquire an RIT recreation ID. Family and Friend of the Institute memberships require a sponsor with a current recreation membership. New Friend of the Institute members must have their sponsor with them the first time they purchase a membership.
Call 585-475-2620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|SLC Main Office hours are:|
|Monday, Thursday, Friday||9am - 4pm|
|Tuesday, Wednesday||9am - 6:30pm|
General Membership Schedule and Rates (per academic quarter)
|Fall 2012.1||September 1, 2012 - November 25, 2012|
|Winter 2012.2||November 26, 2012 - March 3, 2013|
|Spring 2012.3||March 4, 2013 - May 27, 2013|
|Summer 2012.4||May 28, 2013 - August 25, 2013|
|Rates (per person)|
|Enrolled Students, Faculty, and Staff||No Charge|
|Student family member (includes spouse, domestic partner, and dependent children)||$50|
|Faculty/Staff family member (includes spouse, domestic partner, and dependent children)||$55|
|Osher Lifelong Learning Institute||$65|
|Friend (sponsored by one of the above)||$110|
Alumni Membership Schedule and Rates (per quarter)
|January 1st - March 31st|
|April 1st - June 30th|
|July 1st - September 30th|
|October 1st - December 31st|
|Rates (per person)|
|Alumni family member (includes spouse, domestic partner, and dependent children)||$55|
|Friend of alumnus||$110|
- RIT Recreation members may sponsor up to three guests per day at $5 per guest.
- Passes can be purchased at the main entrances to the Student Life Center and Field House
- Passes are only good on the day of issue.
- Passes are also required for outdoor facility use.
- Each guest is welcome to use the facilities up to five times per quarter.
- Guests must present a photo ID at the time of purchase.
- RIT sponsors must accompany their guests and are responsible for their actions.
- Sponsors must be at least 16 years old.
- Guests at the Ice Arena and Red Barn pay regular admission fees.
Half-lockers are available in the Student Life Center and are $30 per year, which includes a $5 lock deposit. Fees are prorated throughout the year. Rentals are purchased at the SLC Main Office and are valid until August 2, 2013. Full-size lockers are available for day-to-day use only. You may use your own personal lock or a borrow a lock from the Equipment Cage. Locks found on full-size lockers at the end of the day will be cut and the contents within will be removed. RIT is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Various types of equipment (towels, locks, basketballs, racquets, etc.) can be loaned out from the SLC Equipment Cage.
- Valid photo ID is required for towel loan-out.
- Only one towel per person. You may exchange a soiled towel for a clean one.
- A completed loan out slip and valid photo ID are required when borrowing other equipment.
- Duplicate items may not be loaned out.
- Report any bloody towels to the cage attendant.
- RIT sponsored guests may borrow equipment if they present a driver's license.
- Equipment loaned out must be returned the same day.
- Fees will apply to any damaged, lost or late items.
- Building access will be denied to anyone who owes equipment, a late fee or replacement fee.