Mandate from Policy B2.0:
The Faculty Affairs Committee shall be responsible for policy recommendations concerning faculty tenure, rank, welfare, leave, and professional conduct; and shall review all policies and procedures concerning the extended part-time and adjunct faculty of the university. The Faculty Affairs Committee shall consist of eight members, each to be elected by his or her collegial faculty, one member of the educational development faculty elected by that group, one Dean elected by the Deans Council, three members at large elected by the Academic Senate, and the Provost or his or her delegate (ex officio, voting).
- Identify current trailing spouse practices, at RIT, and review for effectiveness. Compare and contrast trailing spouse policies at other institutes, in regions similar in size when compared to Rochester. Make a recommendation to draft a policy, as necessary.
- Complete revisions to Academic Administrator Search Statement E08.0.
- Complete revisions to Policy on the Discontinuance, Reduction or Transfer of Academic Programs E20.0, in concert with ICC to include removal of portion dealing with program review, placing it in D01.0. Ensure collaboration with ICC, who will subsequently revise D01.0 to include program review and discontinuance.
- Complete revisions to Policy on Assignment and Transfer of Tenure-Track Faculty E21.0 to address the consolidation of all aspects of transferring a program and faculty.
- Complete revisions to Policy on Financial Exigency E22.0, thus completing the review and revision of all E policies as part of the updating of university policy and procedures which began 5 years ago.
- Determine whether new "process for upward evaluation of department chairs/heads and deans" should be described in governance policy or in administrative policy and, if governance policy is deemed the appropriate home, review the policy and bring it to Academic Senate for approval.
- Review policies Principles of Academic Freedom E02.0 (last review (LR) 2010), Oath of Allegiance (LR 2010) E03.0, Faculty Pursuing a Graduate Degree at RIT E19.0 (LR 2005), according to policy B05.0.
- Revisit E4.0 (Faculty Employment Policies) in light of the Provost’s request to include support for/recognition of interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship.
- Revisit E6.0 (Policies on Faculty Rank and Promotion) in light of the Provost’s request to include support for/recognition of interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship