Inter-College Curriculum Committee
- Study undergraduate curricular proposals from an institute-wide perspective, maintain appropriate inter-college relationships with regards to curriculum, assure that existing undergraduate curricula are periodically reviewed, and make proposals to the Academic Senate for undergraduate curriculum approval or discontinuance.
- ICC will work to realign student learning outcomes for general education and investigate ways that critical thinking can be included in the General Education Framework, with special attention given to the way that proposals impact courses with large enrollments.
- Review proposed general education courses and immersions, and make recommendations to ICC regarding the designation of said proposals (e.g., acceptable as general education only, acceptable as a general education course in one or more perspective categories).
- Monitor and report to Academic Senate on the implementation of the IWC plan to increase the number of available Writing intensive GE course seats, including:
- Develop a protocol for implementing section-by-section WI course designations (e.g. through communication with the Registrarís Office and the SIS system).
- In gen-ed writing and program writing intensive courses that could be satisfied by AP exam credit, determine whether a 3 on an AP exam necessarily implies the exposure to writing that was the spirit of the writing requirements. Further, examine the AP exam credits applicable in light of the semester conversion.
- Gather feedback about the experience of teaching WI Courses to inform the design of the Institute Writing Policy, Incentives for offering courses for WI instruction, etc.