Charges for AY2015:
Inter-College Curriculum Committee
Work with the Honors program to revise Policy D01.0 to clearly outline curricular requirements and processes with regards to the Honors program.
Consider the merits of implementing a transparent process in which comments on concept papers can be viewed by RIT community at large. ICC is encouraged to coordinate with Graduate Council as deemed necessary.
General Education Subcommittee
Institute Writing Subcommittee
1. Redesign the General Education portion of the RIT Course Outline form to reflect recent changes
in the definition of General Education.
2. Design a protocol for approving Special Topics and/or Independent Study courses as General Education.
3. Update the GEC web site to reflect recent changes, and to clarify protocols.
4. Consider new and revised courses that are put forth for designation as General Education.
5. Consider new and revised immersions that are put forth for designation as General Education.
Monitor and report to Academic Senate on the implementation of the Institute Writing Policy.
Identify meaningful practices for assessing Writing Intensive courses and facilitate assessment of Writing Intensive courses in Gen Ed and programs.
Highlight University best practices in Writing Intensive course instruction.