Many RIT academic programs are now only as far away as your home or office computer. The bachelor, associate, and masters degrees offered by Center for Multidisciplinary Studies can all be completed entirely online. RIT offers close to 300 unique online courses for undergraduate and graduate students from around the world to choose from. Please contact a CMS advisor for more details.
Examples of undergraduate, online course areas you could design concentrations from include:
- Organizational Change
- Health Systems Administration
- Quality Management
- Technical Communications (two tracks: computer graphics; or writing)
- Various Liberal Arts areas of study (examples include Communications, Psychology, Sociology, Literature)
- Integrated Electronics*
Some of the benefits of taking an online class include:
- Updating your skills with virtually no interruption to your career or personal commitments.
- Taking advantage of the flexible format to tailor a program to your individual needs or schedule.
- Study where you’re most comfortable and when you’re most productive.
- Becoming part of a diverse community of learners and meet students from around the world.
- Working with interactive technologies that offer threaded discussions and the option for real-time chat sessions to enhance your learning experience.
- Accessing extensive technical support and academic advising.
- Receiving a quality educationwithout ever needing to set foot on campus.
*An additional three-semester credit elective is needed to satisfy the requirements of a professional concentration. Discuss options with your advisor.