- Men hold 75% of full professorships in the U.S.
- Women are 10% less likely to be promoted to full, after controlling for productivity.
- Women take on average one to three years longer than men to be promoted.**
Please join us for a presentation and panel discussion by RIT women full professors on challenges they faced in being promoted. This event will be of special interest to women looking ahead to promotion, as well as all faculty interested in serving as faculty mentors.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1209115. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Destination Intersession is right around the corner. Faculty Career Development Services in The Wallace Center has once again collaborated with partners across the university to provide sessions, workshops, and presentations to spark your creativity for the coming year.
View the Destination Intersession schedule here to learn more about the events and for registration instructions.
- Adapting for Success: Having Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students in Your Class
- ArtSTOR: MORE than just ART!
- Assessment Alternatives for Online Classes
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation: Your Survival Kit
- Continuing the Conversation: Navigating Department Politics
- Deaf History Comes Alive: Viewing Collections in the RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Drones as Teaching Tools
- Exploring Citation at RIT and Beyond (mini-conference)
- Grant Writers' Boot Camp
- High Tech Cheating
- Just a Click Away: Critical Thinking and Annotating the Library Way
- myCourses: Course Shell Makeover, D2L Day, Getting Started for Adjuncts, Leveraging to Provide Student Feedback
- Online Course Design and Technologies
- Opening Eyes: The Deaf Art and Photography Collection in RIT/NTID's Deaf Studies Archive
- “Power Up” Your Emotional Intelligence
- Publishing Without Perishing: A One-Day Symposium for Scholars on Academic Book Publishing
- Tiger Talks Faculty Showcase
- TLS Academic Technologies Overviews and Case Studies: Clickers, Adobe Connect, Wiki