Throughout the academic year, one can enjoy fine performances by the RIT Orchestra, the RIT Jazz Ensemble, RIT Concert Band, the RIT Gospel Ensemble, RIT World Music Ensemble, and the RIT Singers. The RIT Orchestra is a symphony orchestra composed of RIT students, faculty, staff, and members of the Monroe County community. The RIT Jazz Ensemble is composed of students and currently there are two full jazz ensembles (big bands) and one small combo as well. The Concert Band is comprised primarily of RIT students and performs standard and contemporary repertoire for wind and percussion instruments. The World Music Ensemble investigates and performs music and dance from a wide-range of world cultures. The RIT Singers is a choral group composed of RIT students, faculty, staff, and community members. The RIT Gospel Ensemble is comprised of RIT students, staff, and Rochester community members and performs traditional and contemporary gospel music. More about these organizations can be learned through the Student Activities Office or the College of Liberal Arts.
Contact Persons:Wardell Lewis
- RIT Gospel Ensemble (475-7058); email@example.com
- RIT Jazz Ensemble (475-5366); firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIT Concert Band (475-5366); Dean.Davis@rit.edu(Location: CLA)
- RIT World Music Ensemble (475-4439); email@example.com (Location: CLA) RIT Music Program Director
- RIT Orchestra (475-2014); firstname.lastname@example.org Web Address: people.rit.edu/ritorch (Location: CLA)
- RIT Singers (475-6087); email@example.com (Location:CLA)