- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Services
- Research & Publications
- Speaker Series
- Student Life
- Awards & Grants
- Co-ops & Internships
- International Education
Awards & Grants
COLA Student Travel Fund
College of Liberal Arts Student Travel Fund
The COLA Liberal Arts Travel fund has two main purposes:
1) To support student travel to present original papers at conferences, up to a maximum of $500
2) To encourage study or research abroad, up to a maximum of $750
Application Process – Conference Presentation:
The Student must submit a proposal for travel to present a paper at a professional conference. The proposal must include:
· The title of the conference, dates, and location
· A detailed budget; eligible expenses include conference registration, transportation, accommodations, and meals. (If students are presenting with other students, shared accommodations will be preferred when possible). Maximum grant amount is $500.
· Written evidence that the paper was accepted for presentation.
· The proposal must be accompanied by an approval form signed by the sponsoring faculty or the student’s advisor and the student’s home department chair.
These funds cannot be applied retroactively, so students are encouraged to plan ahead with their faculty sponsor.
Application Process – Study Abroad/International Research
All applications for study abroad support should include:
1. A brief description of the travel, its purpose and its value to the student’s educational or professional enrichment.
2. The duration of the period to be spent abroad.
3. A budget itemizing expenses. Maximum grant amount is $750.
4. Proof of acceptance into a study abroad program or approval of the research project if working with outside sponsors at the time of application. Note the degree of your language preparation, if applicable.
5. Approval of the student’s adviser and department chair.
Application Due Date*
Decision Due Date
Eligible Dates for Travel
Timeframe for Expending funds
Student Report with Detail of Expenditures Due
Due Dates for Receipts Submitted to the Dean’s Office
November 15 – June 30 of the same academic year
Current Fiscal year (11/15-6/30)
September 1 of year award was received
June 15 of the year award was received
June 30 of the same academic year or June 30 of the following academic year
June 30 of the same academic year and/or next fiscal year that begins July 1
September 1 of year following award
June 15 of the year following award for expenditures after July 1