Forms are mailed on an annual basis to the student's permanent address by the end of January.
Form 1098-T reports tuition charged and financial aid awarded to students enrolled in courses at RIT during the calendar year. The information reported on the 1098-T form helps students evaluate eligibility for an educational tax credit.
Form 1098-E reports interest paid on Federal Perkins Loan.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1098et.pdf provides detailed information.
See IRS Forms and Publications for more details.
Students can access their 1098-T and 1098-E forms online through our tax provider Educational Computer Systems Incorporated (ECSI).
Use of Social Security Numbers
Social security numbers are confidential and may only be released in accordance with applicable law (FTC, FERPA, etc.). RIT is committed to safeguarding information and the Institute network. For more information about the RIT’s security policy visit: http://www.rit.edu/security/taxonomy/term/4
RIT collects social security number from its students for a variety of reasons including:
- For use in processing admission applications for purposes of identification and verification of student records
- For use in administering federal and state programs/loans, including verification of eligibility
- For use in complying with IRS reporting requirements pertaining to the Hope Scholarship Credit and Lifetime Learning Credit provided under federal legislation
- For use in preparing student enrollment reports required to be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System under Federal Law
- For submitting reports to federal and state agencies as required