RIT values the health and financial well-being of its student community. We encourage you to take the following steps to review your current insurance and consider the RIT student plan options to supplement your coverage or fill gaps:
1. Call your health insurance company to determine exactly what coverage you have in the Rochester area.
Most plans from outside of the Rochester area, including state exchange plans and Medicaid/Medicare, will only provide limited out-of-network coverage.
Your ability to find providers and obtain reimbursement for health care expenses may be very limited.
RIT expects all students to have health insurance.
RIT offers a robust PPO student health insurance plan through Aetna Student Health.
September 30, 2019
September 30, 2019
February 17, 2020
The plan offers an expansive provider network across the US and out-of-network benefits are available when traveling abroad.
Enrollment in the RIT group plan is fully voluntary for domestic (US citizens) students.
International Students (except those on H1b visas) will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the plan each semester.
2. Evaluate your personal property coverage.
• RIT is not responsible for students’ personal property.
• Coverage may be available on a parent/guardian’s homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy (often referred to as personal property off premises), but deductibles can be high.
• RIT offers a broad personal property insurance plan that is very reasonably priced with low deductible options. Check out AJ Gallagher's website for more info.
3. Consider dental insurance through RIT’s Excellus student dental plan for services in the Rochester area.
4. Evaluate your need for tuition refund insurance in case of an unexpected withdrawal from classes due to an illness or accident. Learn more at GradGuard.com/Tuition/RIT or by calling 1.866.724.4384.
5. Explore the links below for more information about the RIT student insurance policies:
The 2019-20 deadline for enrollment in the Aetna Student Health Plan and the Excellus Dental Plan is September 30!