Welcome to the Simone Center
The Albert J. Simone Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (established in 2007) enhances earlier Entrepreneurship activities on RIT's campus, including the RIT Venture Creations Incubator. The Center was named for Al Simone, President Emeritus of RIT, in recognition of his contributions to academics and strong support of local business.
INTEGRATED AND CAREER FOCUSED ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION
RIT promotes and enables entrepreneurial education through a three-pronged approach; cutting edge and interdisciplinary course curriculum, applied entrepreneurial experiences, and various entrepreneurship-related programs. The program integrates business education with RIT's world leading technical and creative programs. It creates broad partnerships with the business community and RIT's Business Incubator.
1. Interdisciplinary entrepreneurial curriculum
- Entrepreneurship Minors and Concentrations
- Innovation and Commercialization related Minors and Concentrations
- Courses in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Strategic Growth, and Business Creativity
2. Experiential Learning
- For-credit and co-operative opportunities for students to advance a business concept through the RIT Student Business Lab program
- For-credit opportunities for students to consult with pre-seed and start-up ventures
- Student co-operative education opportunities with start-up companies
3. Entrepreneurship Programs
- RIT sponsors annual programs related to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- RIT Business Plan Competition
- RIT Entrepreneurs Conference
- Workshops in Entrepreneurship
- Speaker Series
- Alumni Entrepreneurial Network