Announcing the RIT Student Innovation Challenge Grant program!
The RIT Student Innovation Grant Program is designed to assist students and student teams in advancing innovation-related projects with small seed grants. Some of these projects may be invention-oriented, some may develop unique products/services, and others may provide socially-oriented services. These grants are intended to be awarded for early stage projects with the potential to carry over into the following academic year.
Grants of under $1,000 are awarded.
Here is how you apply:
Develop a 1 page request with the following information:
- Team Members: Include the team leader, all team member names, college, program, and year level
- Contact Information: email, cell phone, etc.
- Faculty Mentor(s)
- Project description
- Benefit to Society: Who would buy this product or service or who would it help?
- Estimated Costs (Must be under $1,000) and purpose
All application proposals are due April 15 by 11:59 p.m. Submit to SimoneCenter@rit.edu.
Awards will be based on the following criteria: innovativeness, potential to be realized, multidisciplinary team membership, and potential for project to carry over to the following academic year.
- All expenses must adhere to RIT’s Policies and Procedures
- All expenses much be pre-approved by the Simone Center
- Expenses will generally be reimbursed after purchase with proper documentation, including receipts.
- All requests for reimbursement must be made by June 15.
- RIT funds may be used for services, parts, fees, etc. Non-dedicated equipment or software, such as personal computers, is typically not funded by this program. If an exception is made, the product becomes the property of RIT after completion of the project.
For additional information, please contact Richard DeMartino at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your representative in RIT’s Innovation Council.