Brick City Homecoming and Family Weekend 2013
Among the highlights of this year’s Brick City weekend:
- Astronaut Mark Kelly and former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords will speak as the Student Government Horton Distinguished Speakers at 2 p.m. Oct. 12 in RIT’s Gordon Field House and Activities Center.
- Comedians Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood from the Emmy-nominated show Whose Line Is It Anyway? will host an improvisational show from 8 to 10 p.m. Oct. 10 in RIT’s Clark Gymnasium.
- Daymond John, founder of fashion brand FUBU and an investor on ABC’s reality television show Shark Tank, will speak from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 11 in Ingle Auditorium, Student Alumni Union. John’s talk, titled “The Brand Within: Branding Yourself from Birth to the Boardroom,” is part of the Saunders College of Business Gasser Lecture Series.
- The Presidents’ Alumni Ball allows RIT alumni, along with classmates, family and friends, to join RIT President Bill Destler and Alumni Association President Ricardo Venegas ’92 for an evening of celebration. The reception begins at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 11, followed by a three-course dinner with wine, dancing, Vegas-style games and live music by The Gap Mangione New Big Band at RIT’s Gordon Field House.
- The men’s hockey homecoming game versus Michigan will be held at 7 p.m. Oct. 12 at Blue Cross Arena.
- The RIT women’s hockey team, playing its second season at the Division I level, will host Vermont at 7 p.m. Oct. 11 at Ritter Arena. The women’s hockey team will host Vermont again at 3 p.m. Oct. 12 at Ritter Arena.
- The Brick City 5K Fun Walk and Run will take people on a last lap around campus at 10 a.m. Oct. 13, starting and ending at Grace Watson Hall.