Intramurals is about participation, interaction, and staying active and having fun. The sports offered are organized for friendly, fun competition and are not meant to be as competitive as Varsity sports.
Any current RIT student, faculty, or staff can form a team.
RIT alumni who are a member in good standing of the Student Life Center may participate. Visitors and students from other colleges are not allowed to participate.
All participants must show their valid RIT ID at the scorer's table when checking in for their game. A University ID number may not be given in place of having a valid RIT ID. NO ID, NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Team captains are responsible for maintaining accurate rosters on IMLeagues. If a player's name does not appear on the printed or electronicroster at game time, he or she cannot play.
A player may participate on one D1 and one Co-Ed OR one Rec and one Co-Ed team per sport. Playing on more than one team in the same league will result in suspension.
- Division 1: A more competitive league, team members have played the sport before coming to RIT or may be former varsity or club team members.
- Rec: Not as competitive as the Division 1 League, team members may not have as much experience in the sport or may be playing the sport for the first time.
- Co-Ed: In order to register for Co-Ed a team must have enough women to field a team each week (ex. Soccer: 3 men, 3 women, and a goalie; Softball: at least 3 women on the field).
- Indoor and Outdoor Soccer
- Flag Football
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Ice Hockey
- Singles and Doubles Tennis