“Instructor was excellent; he kept things moving and made things easy to understand”
“The instructor used a lot of real-life examples that ranged across all areas. I really appreciate that”
“I was impressed by the instructors and their knowledge”
“Overall, the program was excellent! I really enjoyed it!”
"The program really challenged me to look at our organization from a different point of view. One would think that the tools that were developed for manufacturing would not be transferrable to healthcare or services, but I would say that is far from the truth. It is the thinking behind the tools that has benefitted our organization the most along with the support that the instructors give to you."
“Taught me to think outside the box, and look for creative/alternative solutions”
“The instructor is engaging, easy to listen to”
Black Belt Program
CQAS’s Black Belt training program is a keystone element of the Lean Six Sigma program and builds upon the lessons learned through the prerequisite Green Belt training program. Each participant is required to complete a Black Belt project that will continue beyond the training timeframe and directly benefit their organization. On average, Black Belt projects have returned $50,000 or more in value to participants’ sponsoring organizations and have provided immediate return-on-investment that is exponentially higher than the cost of the training program. The program is offered both on the RIT campus (“open” enrollment) and on a contract basis for client organizations.
Key topics include:
• Statistical Inference
• Hypothesis Testing
• Confidence Intervals
• Correlation and Multiple Linear Regression
• Project Leadership, Organization Learning, and Presentation Skills
• Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
• Components of Variance/Multi-Variance Charts
• Reliability Indices
• Design of Experiments
• Two-Level Factorial Design
• Two-Level Fractional Factorial
• Response Surface Methods
• SPC/Control Charts
• Capability Analysis
CQAS’s Black Belt program provides in-depth data analysis tools and processes to fully implement the Lean Six Sigma problem solving process to generate superior data driven solutions, productive yields, and dramatically improved bottom-line results.
Contract Black Belt Program
Our popular on-campus Black Belt certification program is also available as a customized contract program held onsite at your location, usually as a “blended” program with both onsite elements and remote or online components. This customized program covers all the same tools and topics but is delivered using a blended learning approach with standard classroom hours supplemented by online project reviews and self-paced online content. Contact us for more information.
You must have taken RIT’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program or a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program from another provider prior to registering for RIT’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program:
- If you have not completed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program, please register for our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program.
- If you have completed the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program at RIT, please email us at email@example.com with the date of completion and we will forward a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Registration form.
- If you have completed Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training from another Provider, please forward the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Certificate of completion (copy)
- Green Belt curriculum (copy)
- Lean Six Sigma Project: brief summary, tools used, benefits achieved, project sponsor contact information
- Training Provider name, delivery method utilized, and dates of training
We will review this information to determine your readiness level for our Black Belt program. Please email qualifications or questions to email@example.com
Open Black Belt Schedule
|Sept. 19||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||LSS Black Belt Introduction/Projects|
|Sept. 26||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Hypotheses Testing, Confidence Intervals, Statistical Inference|
|Oct. 3||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Correlation and Multiple Linear Regression|
|Oct. 10||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Project Charter Presentations|
|Oct. 17||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Project Leadership, Organization Learning, Presentation Skills|
|Oct. 24||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||SPC, Control Charts, Capability Analysis|
|Oct. 31||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||AM: Project Status Review/Consultation|
PM: Transactional Minitab
|Nov. 7||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Survey Design and Analysis|
|Nov. 14||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||MSA, Components of Variance, Multi-Variance Charts, Reliability|
|Nov. 21||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Design of Experiements, Two-Level Factorial Design|
|Nov. 28||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||AM: Two-Level Factorial Design|
PM: Module Presentations
|Dec. 5||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Project Status Review/Consultation|
|Dec. 12||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Two-level Facorial Design, Two-Level Fractional Factorial|
|Dec. 19||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||Project Reports|
Open Black Belt Pricing
• 1 person ............................... $3,500
Teams from the same organization receive discounted rates:
- 2 people................. $6,300 ($3,150 per person)
- 3 people................. $8,925 ($2,975 per person)
- 4 people.................. $11,200 ($2,800 per person)
• RIT Alumni & Employees: 20% discount
CQAS Offers Unemployed Professionals a Discount
Unemployed professionals may enroll in the comprehensive combined Green Belt and Black Belt training program at a total cost of $6,500. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Open Black Belt Registration
Please see the “Prerequisites” section and contact email@example.com with requested information. Instructions will be provided for registration.