U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, Steppingstones of Technology Innovation for Students with Disabilities, Phase II
This grant is an extension of the Steppingstones Phase I project (see above). Using the now-developed C-Print Pro Tablet software, we are carrying out a large-scale implementation study, involving deaf and hard-of-hearing middle and high school students in general education science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) classes around the country.
- Training site administrators
- Training notetakers and captionists to use the tablet PC and the C-Print software
- Developing training guides for students, parents, and teachers
- Conducting in-class trials of real-time notetaking and captioning support with graphics
- Conducting controlled experiments of effects of notes generated with real-time notetaking and with captioning support