Summer Core Training - Critical Instructions
Laptop Preparation (attendees must complete these steps)
The Office of Information Security at RIT has outlined a number of guidelines that every computer must meet before being able to connect to the campus network. These guidelines protect both attendee computers and the RIT network from malicious software. Your computer must meet these requirements in order to use our network. Be aware that having network access is a requirement of all PLTW course curricula. If you do not attend to these requirements, you will not be able to use the computing resources that are necessary to complete your course.
You must complete this process before you arrive at RIT. Also, please note that all software must be installed and tested prior to arriving.
- Login to the laptop you will be bringing with you to the CTI.
- Ensure that you have administrative rights to this laptop.
- Click here to download the express utility and run.
- The utility will run tests checking for system requirements required for PLTW Software. Should your computer not meet any of the system requirements, the utility will notify you of the necessary changes that must be completed.
- If you fail any part of the requirements, please make the necessary changes and then run the utility again until you pass.
- Upon successful completion of the utility, please copy and paste the report into the text box below and click the "Submit" button. Please ensure your name is included.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call (585) 496-4748.