Core Training Important Information
Core Training focuses on building awareness and confidence related to STEM education; activity, project, and problem-based learning; the roles of the teacher and student as they relate to instruction; and course-specific STEM content. Core Training is a collaborative, in-person training experience facilitated by PLTW Master Teachers.
After successful completion of Core Training, teachers receive access to the National PLTW Professional Learning Community (PLC), course-specific student and classroom instructional resources, and Ongoing Training resources all through the PLTW LMS.
Together with Readiness Training, and Ongoing Training, Core Training completes the three phase PLTW professional development model.
Registration for Summer Core Training opens on Monday, April 3! Details on RIT Core Training are below:
Courses Offered, PLTW Session #3: July 10 - July 21
IED, POE, CIM, CEA, CSP, DM and AR
Courses Offered, PLTW Session#4: July 21 - August 4
IED, DE, EDD, CSA, Launch Classroom Teacher Training (7/24 - 7/25), Computer Science for Innovators and Makers (7/24 - 7/28)
Engineering Program, 2 week classes:
- Tuition: $2350
- Full Room and Board: $1125
Gateway, 1 week classes:
- Tution: $1115
- Full Room and Board: $540
Launch Classroom Teacher Training, 2 day class:
- Tuition: $500
- Full Room and Board: $187
Laptop Preparation (attendees must complete these steps)
The Office of Information Security at RIT has outlined a number of guidelines that every computer must meet before being able to connect to the campus network. These guidelines protect both attendee computers and the RIT network from malicious software. Your computer must meet these requirements in order to use our network. Be aware that having network access is a requirement of all PLTW course curricula. If you do not attend to these requirements, you will not be able to use the computing resources that are necessary to complete your course.
You must complete this process before you arrive at RIT. Also, please note that all software must be installed and tested prior to arriving.
- Login to the laptop you will be bringing with you to the CTI.
- Ensure that you have administrative rights to this laptop.
- Click here to download the express utility and run.
- The utility will run tests checking for system requirements required for PLTW Software. Should your computer not meet any of the system requirements, the utility will notify you of the necessary changes that must be completed.
- If you fail any part of the requirements, please make the necessary changes and then run the utility again until you pass.
- Upon successful completion of the utility, please copy and paste the report into the text box below and click the "Submit" button. Please ensure your name is included.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call (585) 496-4748.
Each teacher participating in training and teaching Project Lead The Way® courses is required to have a laptop computer for his/her use. Teachers must have Administrator rights on their computer. The teacher’s laptop must have wireless Internet in order to participate in the Core Training.
Please refer to the PLTW Computer and Tablet Specifications to ensure your computer will run correctly while at Core Training.