Friday, May 8, 2020, 10:00am -12:00pm
Gordon Field House and Activities Center (GOR)
Kick off the weekend by attending the Academic Convocation!
The Academic Convocation celebrates the graduates from all nine of RIT's colleges, the School of Individualized Studies, and the Golisano Institute for Sustainability and features:
- A procession of the graduates wearing their caps and gowns
- The official conferral of degrees by President Munson*
- The 2020 Commencement Address
- Remarks by the chair, RIT Board of Trustees
- Remarks by RIT's undergraduate delegate and graduate delegate
- Hooding of Ph.D. candidates
- A rousing group recognition and celebration of all of RIT's graduates by college (Graduates are individually recognized at their college ceremony.)
*NOTE: Only Ph.D. candidates walk across the stage at this event. Certificate, associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree candidates are individually recognized at their college or school ceremonies later on Friday or Saturday.
All graduates and their guests are invited to the Academic Convocation. Tickets are not required; however, seating is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Overflow seating will be available in the Gene Polisseni Center, where the ceremony will be streamed live. You may also access the live stream via the . The link for the live stream will be available on the day of the event. If preferred, you can go directly to the Ustream video streaming platform via browser of the Ustream app, available for both Android and iOS mobile devices. After downloading, search "RIT Events" to find the stream.
Students and faculty will line up by college in the lower level of the Gordon Field House or Hale Andrews Student Life Center at 9:00am.
Look for balloons that match your college color for your specific location.