The goal of the program is for veterans to successfully enroll in and complete the degree or program of their choice, and we are here to help every step of the way.
All VUB classes and supplies are FREE to qualified veterans. This is a TRiO Program, federally funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Services are offered continuously throughout the year and include:
- Assistance with college admission and application process
- Assistance with applying for and assessing military service related education benefits (chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, NYS Veterans Tuition Assistance, and national guard and reserve education benefits)
- Assistance with requesting military joint service transcripts
- Short-term refresher courses in math and English
- Individualized tutoring
- Preparation for placement exams (ACCUPLACER)
- Personalized needs assessments
- Academic advice and assistance
- Career Counseling
- Assistance in getting veterans services from other available resources
To be eligible you must:
Be a U.S. Military veteran with 180 days military duty, and be discharged under conditions other than dishonorable; or have a service-connected disability, or called to active duty for more than 30days, or be in the Reserves or National Guard.
This program is funded to serve Veterans from 9 counties within a 90 mile radius of Rochester, NY which include: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates.