Poster 'My 10 Adopted Rules of Thumb'
Wendell Castle published "My 10 adopted rules of thumb” in 1996. Initially designed as a guide to creativity, it quickly became popular among problem solvers in all fields. From creative art and design professionals, to educators, counselors, and scientists, his list resonates and inspires.
- If you are in love with an idea you are no judge of its beauty or value.
- It is difficult to see the whole picture when you are inside the frame.
- After learning the tricks of the trade, don't think you know the trade.
- We hear and apprehend what we already know.
- The dog that stays on the porch will find no bones.
- Never state a problem to yourself in the same terms it was brought to you.
- If it's offbeat or surprising it's probably useful.
- If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it.
- Don't get too serious.
- If you hit the bullseye every time the target is too near.
- 22" x 26" print on heavy stock
- Rolled and shipped in a tube
- Artist information card