Extending Our Reach and Serving the World
RIT has a long history of successful partnerships. We will remain committed to our local community, continue our close relationship with New York State, and search for promising new partners at the national and global levels. International partners will increasingly provide enriching experiences for our students and faculty and will become a source of talented undergraduate and graduate students.
Regional and State Partnerships
- Through the Rochester Regional Health-RIT Alliance, identify and develop collaborative research and degree programs in health sciences and technologies. that will complement our existing partnership and contribute to growing the College of Health Sciences and Technology.
- Establish new and strengthen existing community partnerships with schools and cultural institutions, including museums, galleries, historical societies, and theaters.
- Partner with regional economic development agencies to catalyze and support the local start-up community and bring businesses to Rochester, creating opportunities for RIT’s students and faculty.
National and Global Partnerships
- Explore opportunities for establishing on-the-ground RIT program facilities in the U.S., outside of Rochester.
- Strengthen NTID’s position as a national and international model of inclusive excellence and accessibility by establishing multiple NTID Regional STEM Centers to improve access for deaf and hard-of-hearing students to postsecondary STEM education and employment.
- Develop our international partnerships using a strategic decision-making process focused on: a) increasing opportunities for RIT’s main campus students to study, work, and pursue experiential learning abroad; b) increasing opportunities for faculty and students to engage in research with global partners; and c) increasing the number of international students enrolling at RIT.