Innovating Across the University
We will continue to develop academic programs at all degree levels that are the first of their kind and that capitalize upon our core strengths in technology, art, and design. We will complement our distinguished cooperative education program by extending experiential learning opportunities that encourage students to pursue additional interests. As a growing research university, we will expand the number and range of doctoral programs while remaining unwaveringly student-centered. And in order to ensure the greatest possible success of all programs, we will strengthen administrative practices and policies.
- Restructure undergraduate degree requirements to ensure students have room to pursue broader curricular experiences, experiential learning, and 21st-century competencies.
- Design and integrate unique curricular experiences at the intersection of RIT’s programs in technology, the arts, and design. Design new and revise existing programs in non-STEM disciplines that increase enrollment by leveraging this same integrated core.
- Develop the leading performing arts program in the nation for non-majors, making sure to capitalize upon NTID’s strong history in the performing arts.
Graduate and Research Programs
- Increase research, scholarship, and artistic activity by developing nationally prominent research areas and centers, increasing the number of doctoral degrees awarded, and developing new Ph.D. programs.
- Continue to build a strategic, sustainable, and high quality online program portfolio, focusing on graduate certificates (e.g., micromasters) and master’s degree programs, and on applying the best practices of online course delivery to undergraduate programs.
- Determine and work toward the plan for the optimal size of the university and its colleges, using such criteria as size, strength, diversity of applicant pools, research potential, societal and workplace trends, and financial viability.
- Develop a sustainable long-term business model that enables us to undertake new initiatives while maintaining a healthy contingency and operating margin; increase RIT’s organizational efficiency and effectiveness with best-in-class institutional ethics, sustainable practices, HR processes, and training compliance.
- Develop and implement an enterprise risk management plan that identifies and prioritizes those risks with the greatest potential to impair the university’s ability to meet its strategic objectives.
- Create a distinctive RIT brand and develop a supporting content marketing strategy that makes use of all relevant media. Employ this strategy to attract talent to RIT and to support Transforming RIT: The Campaign for Greatness.