Institute Writing Committee
The Institute Writing Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Senate and serves to implement the policy and evaluate courses for the determination of meeting the WI designation.
The membership of the IWC includes: a college faculty representative from each college; one representative elected at large by the Academic Senate; the Writing Program Director; one representative from the Academic Support Center, and one from the English Language Center; and the provost or his or her delegate (ex-officio, voting).
The Institute Writing Committee will:
- consult with appropriate curriculum committees,
- review courses proposed to carry a Writing Intensive (WI) designation and grant approval for this designation,
- act as a liaison between all academic units to determine student and faculty need regarding support for implementation of the writing policy,
- define priorities for adequate, professional and curricular support for both students and faculty,
- stay current with research for best practices in Writing Program Administration, and make recommendations accordingly,
- serve in an advisory role to program faculty,
- design additional opportunities for writing: writing contests, student publications, service courses, special projects, and individual study.
Matthew M. Marshall
Ex Officio Members
University Writing Program Directordsmgla@rit.edu
Writing Center Directorandrew.email@example.com
Academic Support Center Directorpxpcrp@rit.edu
Stan Van Horn
English Language Center Directorsyvelc@rit.edu
First Year Writing Program Directordkwgla@rit.edu