Seventh Annual Poster Design Contest
Students are invited to create a design for this year’s festival poster that captures the spirit of Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival. The poster will be used to publicize the event, and over 5,000 copies will be shared with the RIT and Rochester community.
Prize: $500 in Tiger Bucks! (per team) Please see a list of vendors that accept Tiger Bucks
Eligibility: Current RIT students; one entry per student OR a team of 2 students
- Design must accommodate a 15” w x 18” h vertical portrait format.
- All designs should be produced at a high resolution of 300dpi in CMYK at actual size (suitable for print). Acceptable file formats for online submission are PDF, EPS, JPG and PNG.
- Design should not incorporate the official Imagine RIT logo.
- Design should include the event name (“Imagine RIT”), day and date (“Saturday, May 3, 2014”) and time (“10 a.m. - 5 p.m.”).
- Design must be the original work of an RIT student. Please review
RIT’s Academic Honesty Policy and understand that by participating in this contest you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this document.
- All photographs, artwork, graphics, or additional copy/text used on the poster design must be completely your own original work and created entirely by you without using existing imagery from print or online.
- Entries that include elements copied from sources not affiliated with the submitting artist will be disqualified.
- You may include quotations as long as the author is cited. Here are a few sample quotations that you are welcome to
choose from, or select one on your own:
- “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” - Albert Einstein
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” - Steve Jobs
- “Creativity makes a leap, then looks to see where it is.” - Mason Cooley, American Writer
- “Innovation is not necessarily new technology, but changing the way you look at things.” - Lev Zvenyach, Environmental Engineer
- “Creativity is the defeat of habit by imposing originality and change.” - Andy Law, Cofounder of St. Luke’s Communications Ad Agency
- Keep in mind these key target audiences for Imagine RIT: Current RIT students and members of the Rochester community (including K-12 students, RIT alums and their families)
- Designs entered in prior years are not eligible.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2014. Using the Tiger File Exchanger, upload your entry and send it to email@example.com. Include your name, academic program, hometown, and local mailing address and phone number.
Judging: Members of the RIT community will be invited to vote for their favorite designs. A panel of RIT art/design faculty will weigh in on the top vote getters.
Selection: Popular vote and opinions of the judging panel will be considered, but the final selection rests with President Destler. If none of the submissions are selected, RIT reserves the right to commission an RIT student to design the official festival poster. RIT reserves the right to use the winning design in other publications (postcards, t-shirts, etc.) if desired.
Winner Notified: Week of March 10