Poster Design Contest
Ninth Annual Poster Design Contest
Students are invited to create a design for this year’s festival poster that captures the spirit of Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival. The poster will be used to publicize the event, and over 5,000 copies will be shared with the RIT and Rochester communities.
Eligibility: Current RIT students; one entry created per student OR a team of 2 students
Prize: $500 in Tiger Bucks! (per team) Please see a list of vendors that accept Tiger Bucks
- Design must accommodate a 13” w x 18” h vertical portrait format.
- All designs should be produced at a high resolution of 300dpi in CMYK at actual size (suitable for print). Acceptable file formats for online submission are PDF, EPS, JPG and PNG.
- Design should not incorporate the official Imagine RIT logo.
- Design should include the event name (“Imagine RIT”), day and date (“Saturday, May 7, 2016”).
- Consider our tagline, “Experience the Future” (does not have to be included in the design)
- Keep in mind these key target audiences for Imagine RIT: Current RIT students and members of the Rochester community (including K-12 students, RIT alums and their families)
- Designs entered in prior years are not eligible.
- Poster design, all photographs, artwork, graphics, or additional copy/text used on the poster design must be completely your own original work and created entirely by you without
using existing imagery from print or online. Entries that include elements copied from sources not created by you* will be disqualified.
*You may include quotations as long as the author is cited.
- Please review RIT’s Academic Integrity Policy and understand that by participating in this contest you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this document. Upon submitting a design, you will be asked to certify that your design is original work.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2016. Using the Tiger File Exchanger, upload your entry and send it to email@example.com. Include your name, academic program, hometown, and local mailing address and phone number.
Judging: Members of the RIT community will be invited to vote for their favorite designs. A panel of RIT art/design faculty will weigh in on the top vote getters.
Selection: Popular vote and opinions of the judging panel will be considered, but the final selection rests with President Destler. If none of the submissions are selected, RIT reserves the right to commission an artist to design the official festival poster. RIT reserves the right to use the winning design in other publications (postcards, t-shirts, etc.) if desired.