Program Proposers should follow the steps below:
- Review the Doctoral Program Proposal flow chart.
- Contact the Office of the Provost as early in the process as possible to:
- Determine if the proposed new doctoral program requires a Master Plan Amendment and/or a Charter Amendment
- Discuss requirements and processes for program proposal external field expert review selection
- Doctoral program proposals require early consultation with the New York State Education Department. This consultation is coordinated through the Sr Asst Provost and Asst VP for Academic Affairs. A site visit by at least two (2) nationally recognized external field experts from outside New York State is required once the proposal is complete. These experts are selected by the Institution in consultation with the NYSED Office of College and University Evaluation.