Application for Registration of a New Degree Program to Register General Academic Curricula
When all internal RIT curriculum approval procedures are completed, program proposals must be registered with the New York State Education Department, by preparing a WORD document (do not send PDF to our office) as described below:
1. The NYSED Application for Registration of a New Degree Program (non-doctoral) contains the following:
Note: If the new program proposal is for any program listed below, please use the Application for Registration of a New Program in a Licensed Profession
2. GOOD NEWS! You should already have ALL of the required information needed in your RIT Program Proposal. You should be able to easily cut and paste information to the NYSED Registration Application.
3. If the new program will be offered in Distance Education format, you must also complete the Application to Add the Distance Education Format to a New or Registered Program Form
4. Using the New York State Application for Registration of a New Program prepare a word document as follows using the information below to assist in transferring information from the RIT New Program Proposal Form to the NYSED application form.
ATTESTATION AND ASSURANCES
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE or ACADEMIC OFFICER/PROVOST
Information for the following section may be copied from your original program proposal. Carefully follow all of the instructions on the form to ensure you are providing complete and accurate information.
CURRICULUM AND COURSE INFORMATION
APPLICATION FOR DISTANCE ED (If applicable)
5. When you have input all of the information for the above areas, save as a Word document(s) and e-mail the word document(s) to the Office of the Vice Provost.
6. The Office of the Vice Provost will review your documents, and advise If any additional information is required.
7. Once ready for submission, The Office of the Vice Provost will obtain the necessary approvals and signatures and submit the Application for Registration of a New Program Form to NYSED for processing.
8. The Office of the Vice Provost will advise the initiator of the Proposal once it has been submitted to NYSED.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Office of the Vice Provost.
NOTE: The proposed program may not be advertised or admit students until approval has been granted and formal authorization received from NYSED.