Application for Registration of a New Degree Program
To expedite RIT's internal review process and ensure alignment with NYSED regulations for degree requirements, programs are asked to submit the NYSED Registration Application to the appropriate curricular review body at the same time they submit the proposal.
The NYSED Registration Application should be submitted to the Assistant Provost. Feedback will be provided as part of the review and approval process.
1. The NYSED Application for Registration of a New General Academic Degree Program (non-doctoral) contains the following:
Note: If the new program proposal is for any program listed below, please use the Application for Registration of a New Program in a Licensed Profession
2. If the new program will be offered in Distance Education format, you must also complete the Application to Add the Distance Education Format to a New or Registered Program Form
3. Using the New York State Application for Registration of a New Program prepare a word document as follows using the information below to assist in transferring information from the RIT New Program Proposal Form to the NYSED application form.
ATTESTATION AND ASSURANCES
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE or ACADEMIC OFFICER/PROVOST
Information for the following sections may be copied from your original program proposal. Carefully follow all of the instructions on the form to ensure you are providing complete and accurate information.
CURRICULUM AND COURSE INFORMATION
APPLICATION FOR DISTANCE ED (If applicable)
4. Once ready for submission, the Assistant Provost will obtain the necessary approvals and signatures and submit the Application for Registration of a New Program Form to NYSED for processing.
5. The Assistant Provost will advise the initiator of the Proposal once it has been submitted to NYSED.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Assistant Provost.
NOTE: The proposed program may not be advertised or admit students until approval has been granted and formal authorization received from NYSED.