- Family & Friends
- Faculty & Staff
- Ceremonies & Receptions
May 19, 2017
- Academic Convocation
- College of Applied Science & Technology
- College of Imaging Arts And Sciences
- College of Health Sciences and Technology
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- Golisano Institute for Sustainability
- B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
- Kate Gleason College of Engineering
- Saunders College of Business
- School of Individualized Study
- RIT Dubai
- RIT Croatia
- RIT Kosovo
- Non College-Specific
PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT WEEKEND
- Apply for graduation when you receive your invitation from SIS. If you want your name to appear in the Commencement Program Book and on the Commencement website, you must “Apply for Graduation” by April 15, 2018.
- Meet with your advisor to confirm that you have met all the requirements for graduation.
- Tell your family and friends the names, dates, times and locations of your college commencement ceremony and reception and any other events you wish to attend.
- Make or encourage your guests to make hotel reservations as soon as possible. Several other area colleges are holding graduation ceremonies this weekend.
- Attend the Graduation Fair on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 in the Fireside Lounge, Student Alumni Union, from 11 am to 2 p.m. There will be prizes! And you'll get the scoop on graduation activities.
- When it comes to Grad Week events, the College Activity Board (CAB) has you covered. Check out the CAB website for the latest news about trips, events and celebrations leading up to the big day.
- Pick up your cap and gown starting April 24 at Barnes & Noble @RIT
- Learn the time and place for lining up for the Academic Convocation and your college commencement ceremony
- Plan to attend the Class Toast on Thursday, May 10 from 4:30p.m.-6:00p.m. in the Gene Polisseni Center.
- Schedule your exit interview if you have William D. Ford Federal Direct Student Loans or Federal Perkins Loans.
DURING COMMENCEMENT WEEKEND
- Come to the lower level of the Student Life Center by TBD a.m. on Friday, May 11, to line up for the Academic Convocation.
- Know the time and location of line up for your college ceremony.
- Plan a place in advance to meet your family and guests after the Academic Convocation and your college commencement ceremony.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes – remember you will be doing a fair amount of walking. Caps and gowns are required for the Academic Convocation and your college ceremony.
- Line up locations are not secure. Do not plan to leave valuables, purses, cell phones, etc. in any line up location. During ceremonies, do not leave personal items on your chair when you go on stage. You may not be returning to the same seat.
- Remind your guests that backpacks, purses, and other bags will be searched.
Graduation policies are available for your review in the RIT Governance Policy Library.