- The Taskstream family of products includes the Accountability Management System, Faculty Credentials, and the Learning Achievement Tools (ePortfolio).
- We are using the Accountability Management System product as our assessment management system.
FAQs for Academic Programs
Which Taskstream product are we using?
Do I need to have Taskstream software loaded on my computer?
Which browser can I use?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above
- Google Chrome 4.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above
- Apple Safari 4.0
- Chrome 5.0
iPad (note, does not support attaching documents)
- iOS 5
Can I create a curriculum map?
You may create one or more curriculum maps for multiple purposes including accreditation or for program faculty.
Can I create a rubric?
You may create multiple rubrics.
Can I use this product for my program's accreditation?
Accreditation standards are built into Taskstream and are available as templates.
Can I attach files into Taskstream?
There are many opportunities to attach files as supporting documentation, substantiating evidence, or to archive information. In general, you may upload text, images, video, web links, slideshows, spreadsheets, reports and others.
- Do not attach files that contain any private information.
- Do not attach “.EXE” files.
- 50 MB is the maximum file size.
- 500 MB is the maximum file size for video.
Can I include web links?
You may use web links in various areas of your workspace.
How long is my program open for data submission for each academic cycle?
Generally, each assessment cycle (academic year) closes out on September 1st or six months after the last data collection. All programs will receive a general announcement when the academic cycle will be closing and “locked.” If you need to have your program information unlocked to add data, please contact Grace Rubin at 475-2456.
How do I receive assistance with using Taskstream?
Using Taskstream and reporting issues:
- Please contact Grace Rubin at 475-2456.
- For emergency or after hour assistance, please contact Taskstream at help@Taskstream.com or 1-800-311-5656 (press “1” for Support).
Assistance and development of program and institutional level assessment planning, implementing, analyzing, summarizing, and using results:
- Please contact the Office of Educational Effectiveness Assessment at 475-2310.
If I am using Taskstream, do I still have to complete RIT's Annual Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Progress Report?
Time Saving Tip: You may use the findings you entered into Taskstream to answer the questions in the progress report.
What happens if I forget my password?
Who has access to my information?
- Approval by your department chair, director, associate dean, or dean is required in order to obtain log-in access to Taskstream and to the administrative unit information.
- Users with approved access to the workspace are able to view your administrative unit information. Limited users with approval will have edit capabilities.
- Be sure to use your findings to show continuous improvement by adding the Use of Results and Progress Report information.
Who can run reports?
Users with approved access can run reports.
How often should I run reports?
- You may run reports as often as you need, for example: after collecting assessment data.
- Run reports as requested by your department.
- Recommend running reports annually to capture year-end accomplishments and determine next steps.
If we do not complete a task in a different academic cycle, should we move the activity into the next cycle?
- Maintain the result in the existing cycle and update when complete.
- Rollover the measure into the next cycle. You may include the objective and measure again and report on the results.