The University Assessment Council (UAC) will support the process of continual self-evaluation and improvement at RIT. The purpose of the UAC is to sustain continued work in assessment and preparation of RIT students for innovative, creative, and successful careers in a global society. The UAC conducts its work throughout the year and has responsibility to:
- Foster a culture within the RIT community to support a continuous improvement model.
- Provide sustained attention on centralized, consistent, and systematic processes and policies across the university to reduce variability in assessment quality and engagement.
- Develop a consistent and unified structure and processes for using assessment data in decision-making to make meaningful changes and improvements within the divisions and for planning and resource allocation.
- Promote campus-wide focus on understanding and conceptualizing how various RIT constituent groups and programs contribute to student learning, student development, and institutional effectiveness.
- Promote and facilitate discussions to define and measure attributes of a student-centered research university that directly address student learning and student development.
- Provide access to resources that support assessment initiatives that have broad university implications.