What do RIT LA Program Faculty Mentors Do?
Faculty mentors work with LAs to transform courses. They guide their learning assistant(s) in facilitating and planning coursework moving forward the educational goals for the course. With a focus on training in pedogogy, faculty and student LAs discuss how best to assist the classroom in problem solving and instill student self awareness of how they learn best.
If you are interested in learning more about student-centered pedagogies and incorporatiing LAs into your classroom, visit our Additional Resources Page.
- mentor during one-on-one weekly meetings
- support and integrate LA ideas for class transformation
- utilize active learning practices
- encourage small group facilitation
- describe and collaborate on researching classroom dynamics (projects, symposium poster, etc.)
To be a part of the Learning Assistant Program faculty must fill out the application here. To complete this application you will describe your goals for the course this term.