The Future Photon Initiative Industry Partnership Program (IPP) is an exciting program for fueling new commercial opportunities through joint research and development projects. Membership in IPP leverages shared interests between RIT researchers and industry leaders to develop photon-based devices. As a partner, you gain access to top-tier RIT talent and resources. Partners can take advantage of relationships with RIT PhD researchers and preferred access to staff and students from affiliated RIT colleges, such as the College of Science, Kate Gleason College of Engineering, Saunders College of Business, College of Imaging Arts and Sciences, and the College of Applied Science and Technology. FPI and potential members craft specific agreements to suit the particular needs of each partnership. These agreements include the use of office and lab space, as well as use of unique RIT research facilities, such as the Center for Detectors, NanoPower Research Labs, the Simone Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and the Semiconductor & Microsystems Fabrication Laboratory, among many others.
The process to become a member starts with introductory conversations that might lead to a Non-Disclosure Agreement and/or a Memorandum Of Understanding.
- Priority insight to Future Photon Initiative research
- Recruiting opportunities
- Opportunities for collaborative research
- Special networking opportunities with FPI staff and students
- Recognition as a member
What You Support As a Member
- Undergraduate and Graduate student research
- Updated equipment and facilities within FPI
- Student financial support for conferences and technical travel
- Networking events for FPI students and members