- Family & Friends
- Faculty & Staff
- Ceremonies & Receptions
May 11, 2018
- Academic Convocation
- College of Applied Science & Technology
- College of Imaging Arts And Sciences
- College of Health Sciences and Technology
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- Golisano Institute for Sustainability
- B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
- Kate Gleason College of Engineering
- Saunders College of Business
- School of Individualized Study
- RIT Dubai
- RIT Croatia
- RIT Kosovo
- Non College-Specific
The Academic Convocation and all college ceremonies will be sign-language interpreted and real-time captioned. The Gordon Field House and Activities Center and the Gene Polisseni Center are equipped with an FM hearing assistance system. Receivers will be available at the ticket office in the Field House and at Guest Services in the Gene Polisseni Center.
WHAT ABOUT GUESTS WHO NEED SPECIAL SEATING?
Both the Gordon Field House and Activities Center and the Gene Polisseni Center are accessible to those with special needs; however, guest seating is primarily in the bleachers which have steps. Our ushers will find seats on the floor together for your guests; however, please note that special needs seating is neither reserved nor guaranteed. We recommend that those with special seating needs arrive 2 hours in advance of the Academic Convocation and 90 minutes in advance of the college ceremony they plan to attend.
DO YOU HAVE WHEELCHAIRS AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS?
We do not have wheelchairs available on campus. You may rent wheelchairs from Monroe Wheelchair, (888) 546-8595, Fonte Surgical Supply, (585) 338-1000, or Westside Medical Supply, (585) 227-8750.
HOW MUCH WALKING IS INVOLVED IN GETTING AROUND CAMPUS?
A lot. Our campus is large and that there is considerable walking involved from all locations to shuttle stops. We encourage you to consider the distances you may have to walk and to wear comfortable shoes. A limited number of golf carts operated by staff will be available to help elderly guests and others needing mobility assistance. This is a limited service and we ask that guests not requiring extra assistance please respect the needs of those that do. For safety reasons, golf carts will not take on passengers until crowds have cleared the building entrances after ceremonies. Please be aware that you may have to wait for up to 15 minutes for a golf cart immediately prior to and after the Academic Convocation and college ceremonies when demand is at its highest. Thank you for your patience. Carts can be requested from any of the information booths, ceremony locations, or the main shuttle drop-off at Parking Lot D.
IS WIFI AVAILABLE?
People without an RIT username can connect to the "RIT-Guest" wireless network, open a web browser and follow the on-screen prompts to get Internet access. Please note the following about this service:
- Guests must have a phone number capable of receiving text messages in order to register (carrier text message rates may apply).
- Students, employees, and others with RIT computer accounts should continue to use the encrypted "RIT" wireless network.
- RIT guest access prohibits access to some internal RIT network resources.
If you have any questions about guest wireless at RIT, please contact the ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-475-4357.
WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED INFORMATION?
- Academic questions should be directed to your academic department.
- For commencement questions, e-mail email@example.com or call 585-475-5334.
During Commencement Weekend
- Information Booths will be located throughout campus for your assistance. In addition, volunteers wearing yellow ribbons will be happy to assist you.
- TEXT RITGRAD to 888777 to receive important updates throughout Commencement Weekend. Subscribers will receive event information, as well as safety, weather, traffic and emergency alerts from RIT. Your subscription is anonymous and you will be automatically unsubscribed from the service at the end of the weekend. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying STOP.
- And of course, right here - our mobile friendly website. Bookmark it, get the RIT Mobile App for Apple and Android devices, or go to m.rit.edu.