RIT Annual Academic Program Improvement Progress Report
RIT's annual Progress Report provides an in-depth look at academic program assessment practices. The overarching goals for the report are to:
- Highlight student learning outcomes achievement in RIT's academic programs
- Determine how data are used to guide improvements in curriculum, pedagogy, and practices
- Determine how to better support program level assessment practices across the university
The Progress Report survey collects assessment data and findings from department chairs and program directors to determine how program assessment practices provide evidence of academic quality, how well students are achieving program benchmarks, and how data are used to inform decisions and changes that lead to program improvement.
RIT's annual Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Progress Report data is aggregated, analyzed, and shared with the campus community.
Annual Progress Report Process
The Office of Educational Effectiveness (EEA) provides consultation and resources to facilitate completion and submission of the annual Progress Report. The following steps serve as a guideline for department chairs and program directors to support the annual reporting process.
- Step 1: Review the Program's Outcomes Assessment Plan (PLOAP) on an annual basis. Share the PLOAP with department and program faculty and make any modifications to the plan based on feedback.
- Step 2: Select the student learning outcome(s) from the PLOAP that the program will report out on at the beginning of the next academic year.
- Step 3: Pre-Report Submission - collect student learning outcome data from faculty based on prior academic year student learning outcome selection and results.
- Step 4: Outreach with the EEA Office for guidance and support.
- Step 5: Write and submit the Progress Report, reflecting on how results will be used to improve the academic program.
- Step 6: Update the Program's Assessment Management System (Taskstream by Watermark) workspace to include Progress Report findings and make adjustments to the overall PLOAP.
Annual Progress Report Timeline
For Academic Program Improvement Progress Report questions, contact