Provide ISE (Industrial and System Engineering) education that integrates experiential learning and applied research, with a student-centred approach, resulting in graduates who make immediate and long-lasting contributions in manufacturing, service, government, and academia.
The RIT Industrial Engineering Program is globally recognized for graduates who are highly sought after due to their ability to solve problems and transform organizations. Our graduates, along with research performed by our students and faculty, positively impact the quality and competitiveness of manufacturing and logistics, the efficacy of health care, and the integration of sustainable practices into many settings.
IE Student Outcomes:
What students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in their matriculation through the program.
- Engineering Foundations” - an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- “Experimentation” - an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- “Design” - an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- “Multidisciplinary Teamwork” - an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- “Problem Solving” - an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- “Professional Responsibility” - an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- “Communication” - an ability to communicate effectively
- “Broad Education” - the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- “Life-Long Learning” - a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- “Contemporary Issues” - a knowledge of contemporary issues
- “Modern Tools” - an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Go back to main Industrial Engineering program page